Updated: Apr 22
📝 After our taste panel’s feedback, we’re more enlightened on how we should fine-tune the last touch of our recipes.
All we have to say now: watch out for our 6 new vegan milk teas.
🥰 Silky Oolong and Milky Mangolden were the ultimate favourite out of our 6 new flavours. Lychee (not pictured) came on a decent 2nd place.
🌱 Silky Oolong:
• We brew roasted oolong tea⁽¹⁾ leaves from Taiwan to make this boba.
• The taste has an complexicity, yet such a simple flavour to enjoy.
• The flavour profile is warm, roasted/«cinnamony» aroma and nutty.
• We want the flavour of our «oolong tea»-base to kick through the boba, and not be overpowered with anything but the flavourful tea itself⁽²⁾.
💛 Milky Mangolden
• Creamy, mangolicious milk tea made from honey mango⁽³⁾.
• The fruit has an intense sweetness by its nature and is likable for our taste buds.
• A big portion of our staff members and taste panel enjoyed mango the most out of the fruit milk teas, and we can’t blame them. Honey mango is ✨SMACKING✨.
📌 MORE TEA/FUN FACTS:
⁽¹⁾ Oolong tea is in-between green and black tea. All three of them are from the plant Camellia sinensis, but they’re all processed in different ways. How the leaves from Camellia sinensis get treated through withering, oxidation (chemical process at molecular level), drying and roasting, make the end product differ from each other. This ultimately gives us three distinguished tea types.
⁽²⁾ This point is important for us when it comes to all of our bobas. The tea base should be tasted, and not camouflaged.